Champa is seeking an energetic and dependable individual for growing our customer base through the development of relationships and responding quickly to customer needs. Product knowledge and a desire to continue learning and growing are paramount; our customers expect their rep to be a resource and not just an order taker. Excellent communication skills are a must.
As a rep for Champa Global will deal with multiple levels within our customers’ business structure, from the warehouse to the owners. Being detail oriented and thorough is critical as many of our customers are working in time sensitive situations that require every facet of their job to go quickly and smoothly.
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Directly manage the sales operation / process in all areas assigned from the management
- Responsible for his/her own business outcome / target
- Responsible and ensure that all sales activities strictly follow the company regulations and legal procedure.
- Develop his / her own plan with strategies to meet the goals and objectives assigned to his/her individual target
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, and delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain and develop the customer portfolio / sales volume
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- At least a B.A. either in Business Management or Marketing
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in the trading industries / commodities sales or in general sales industry.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding along with extensive experience in the areas of trade finance, agricultural and seafood trading, import and export between the U.S. and China, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and other countries will be an advantage.
- Be proactive, creative, and be able to take initiative without hesitation.
- Willing to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadline
- Customer Service, Teamwork, Networking, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
A range of $25,000 – $45,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. Commission / sales incentive is open for discussion.
Champa Global Trading, Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.